The latest Python version is Python 3.6.3. Let us go ahead and install it for Windows 10.
The steps required are:
- Go to https://www.python.org/downloads/windows and under Python 3.6.3 – 2017-10-03 click on Download Windows x86-64 executable installer. A zip file python-3.6.3-amd64.exe will get downloaded.
- Double click on the downloaded file and a Python 3.6.3 (64-bit) Setup Box opens. It looks like this.Check the box that says Add Python 3.6 to PATH and then click on Install Now.
- After the setup is complete, this is displayed.
- Now click on Windows button and Search for “Python” and click on Python 3.6 (64 bit) Desktop app. To verify installation let us print out “Hello World”. So we enter print (“Hello World”) and press Enter and Hello World is printed on the terminal.
- You can also search for “Python” in the Search and select IDLE Python 3.6 64 bit and print hello world there too. IDLE is basically an editor where you type in your code.
- Now Python 3.6.3 is installed on your system.